Tuesday 17 November 2009

Print Problems

As part of my current project for digital design I am creating a collection of wallpaper designs with a floral theme. Initially I began the project by drawing motif designs that I hoped could be used for my final collections using an autumnal seasonal palette.



However these drawings were beginning to look like repeat patterns in their original state rather than single motifs and so when they were translated into the print program that I am using to create my wallpaper designs then did not work as well as I had hoped. I therefore need to break my drawings up and create individual motifs, which I am now beginning to develop.


Although the hand drawn motifs drawn above work a lot better than my original designs the designs still do not quite work as well as I had hope I think this is due to the scale and the fact that there is a lot of empty space in the design so its back to the drawing board literally!!

This is an ongoing project so any comments would be greatly appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment