Wednesday 25 November 2009

Paper Plates

For my current knit collection sketchbook I have been working with a variety of papers, folding, pleating, adding stitch and collage to help inform my knit structure and texture. During this process I was reminded of an article featured in Vogue in 2007 which I used as inspiration for an A-level project (i can just about remember!!). Paper Plates was a fashion story created by Charlotte Stockdale to showcase the latest handbags and shoes, but it wasn't the accessories that caught my eye but the fact that all the clothes were made from paper. The wide variety of paper had been manipulated in multiple ways and it was fascinating to see the outcomes that could be created. Looking back at this article has re-established my love of all things paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment