Monday 16 November 2009

Bradford Textile Competition 2009



At the end of my fist year at Leeds University I entered the Bradford Textiles Society Competition and decided to enter into the first year knit category. Having previously undergone a knit project I had found this area of Textile design exciting and it allowed me to be very creative with colour, texture and shape. As you can see from the images above my inspiration came from the natural environment and in particular shells for their interesting shapes which i recreated using hand machine knitting techniques. unfortunately I wasn't placed in the competition but my lecturers did feel my work was good enough for £15 worth of Topshop vouchers so I didn't mind too much!!!




2 comments:

  1. "As you can see from the images above my inspiration came from the natural environment and in particular shells "

    you fucking love them shells dont you gerrrl??
    xxx

    ReplyDelete